AltRider, maker of premium protection accessories for adventure motorcycles, has introduced the AltRider SkidPlate for 2016-17 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin. This protection accessory was developed, sourced and manufactured entirely in the United States, and was designed to provide maximum protection to the bike’s vulnerable components.
“Honda really designed this bike to excel off the pavement,” said AltRider President Jeremy LeBreton. “So we designed our Skid Plate to not only protect the bike, but also give riders peace of mind. We want them to be focused on the ride and enjoying themselves, not worrying about whether their bike will be damaged if they ride over obstacles.”
The AltRider Skid Plate for the Africa Twin underwent extensive testing and development to arrive at a design that offers maximum strength, coverage, and ground clearance while complementing the bike’s aesthetics. AltRider engineers embraced the Africa Twin’s dirtbike-inspired frame rail, designing the Skid Plate to bolt to four locations on the frame for maximum strength and stability. Additionally, the Skid Plate was designed to allow users to change the oil with the bracket left in place.
Ground clearance is extremely important in adventure riding, and AltRider engineers designed the Skid Plate to retain as much ground clearance as possible when installed. The smooth bottom of the Skid Plate offers maximum clearance and easy maneuvering over obstacles.
- Laser cut 4mm aluminum, grain finished, formed and TIG welded
- Strategic cut outs allow for airflow and heat dissipation
- Protects entire bottom side of liquid cooled motor including headers and sump
- Larger 2” diameter formed bends for added strength and better cornering clearance
- Smooth bottom surface for max ground clearance and obstacle maneuvering
- Mounts to four factory hard points, with rubber shock absorbing bumpers, to spread load throughout frame rail
- Mounting bracket has captured threaded fasteners for ease of installation
- Stainless steel fasteners and hardware for long life and corrosion resistance
- Optional extension piece provides additional clearance on bikes without center stand
- Available in clear anodized “silver” finish or black anodized finish
- 100% designed, sourced and manufactured in the USA
AltRider’s Skid Plate for the Africa Twin is compatible with the center stand and with both the DCT and manual transmission models. An extension is available for purchase for bikes without the center stand, offering extended coverage towards the center of the bike. Installation is simple with the provided high-quality hardware. MSRP: $325.97 AltRider.com