The Copper Spur is the most popular collection of backpacking tents from Big Agnes and there’s a good reason. First introduced in 2008, BA wanted to make a series of packable, spacious, ultralight tents flush with features and solid materials. Their entire backpacking-tent line has grown since introducing the Copper Spur, especially the ultralight category, and these tents inspired it all.
This year Big Agnes is introducing some changes to the Copper Spur tents to improve livability and function. The new designs include double-zip vestibules that can be set up as awnings. Helping with space are the new 3D bin pockets at the foot of the tent to help organize gear without cramping your sleep space or ability to sit up inside.
Even the fabric has been redesigned, with a sustainably made mixed denier fabric for extra tear strength and puncture resistance without adding too much weight. The new material couples with the high-volume angle hub for increased overall strength and living space.
- NEW awning-style vestibules with double-zippers provide multiple access options.
- NEW 3-D bin ‘mezzanine’ at the foot provides elevated storage, oversized ceiling pocket at the head provides additional storage; media pockets provide cord-routing for electronics.
- Reduced condensation with dual low-vent vestibule doors and high fly vent to maximize active and passive airflow.
- Smooth-closing, dual-zipper doors with easy-grip pulls allow for ease of entry, exit and quick, reach-through access.
- Quick Stash door-keeper makes stowing unzipped doors quick and easy.
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability; pre-cut guylines and tensioners attached to fly; reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners make it easy to see at night.
- Vestibule zippers protected with storm flap.
- Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories and mtnGLO®Tent & Camp Lights.
- Fast-fly setup available with footprint - sold separately.
•Key Specs (UL2 model):
- Trail Weight - 2lb 11oz / 1.22kg
- Packed Weight - 3lb 2oz / 1.42kg
- Fast Fly Weight - 2lb 2oz / 964g
- Packed Size - 19.5" x 6" / 50 x 15cm
Full Features, Specs and Details at: BigAgnes.com